Old January 25th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Latest ebay phishing scam

wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message
I've had plenty of `phishing' type emails come my way. The latest one
involves receiving an officila looking email stating that you have been
given an `unpaid item strike' providing details of the item etcetera and
clickable auction number...

I usually just delete this things or report them to spoof, but maybe we
should respond to them. Imagine if the phishers got responses to all their
emails -- fictitious input, of course (real looking numbers that they would
have to work on, not just zeros). It might be discouraging enough to make
them have to create the next scam.

I think we ought to answer all the phishing emails we get.

Anita

I remember reading about a guy in England who managed to turn the
`phish' right around by suckering a Nigerian `phisher' into believing he
had fallen for the bait ( the old `help me with getting $10 Million out
of Nigeria'). As I recall he was soooo good that he even managed to
borrow money off the `phisher' auspiciously until his next paycheque
arrived!! I guess you can be inventive with these but I just normally
report them to
and allow others to do the clever work.

Ian