Old October 31st 03, 10:54 AM
note.boy

The bank of England, and the note issuing Scottish banks I'm sure,
catalogue the fake notes, it would be silly of them to destroy evidence
that may be required in a future prosecution. Billy

Mark wrote:

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:17:05 -0700, Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote:

Sure would be interesting to see a display of counterfeit $20s etc. I'm
sure the feds destroy them ASAP and even though its illegal to have
one(?) it would be nifty to see some of the fakes so one might more
easily identify them from the real McCoy. IMO it'd be amusing to see
the massive amount of work involved by the counterfeiters.

The Secret Service keeps samples from every single batch of counterfeit bills
discovered. If only 1 bill is discovered, they keep it and file it. Years
ago I saw some show that detailed it and they have an enormous room full of
miniature file cabinets (thin slab type pull out shelves) that house all the
bills along with detailed information about them.