Old October 29th 03, 11:18 PM
Brad

Sure would be interesting to see a display of counterfeit $20s etc. I'm
sure the feds destroy them ASAP and even though its illegal to have
one(?) it would be nifty to see some of the fakes so one might more
easily identify them from the real McCoy. IMO it'd be amusing to see
the massive amount of work involved by the counterfeiters.

I remember a great NOVA episode on counterfeiting from about
ten years ago. They showed an office at the Secret Service
(shh!) where IIRC they had a sample of every counterfeit ever
recovered. They use it to compare against when they find new
ones to see if it's a known counterfeit printing or not.

Brad
http://www.blarg.net/~brad/coins.htm