Old April 25th 14, 03:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Cute stunt

A dealer has listed a signed copy of Derek Jacobi's new autobiography on both eBay and ABEbooks. The text and photos clearly show it to be the identical book, offered by the same seller.

There won't be a U.S. edition of this title. HarperCollins slapped a new barcode sticker on some third and fourth printings and shipped them over here.. I don't see collectors buying these--and who else is buying hardcovers nowadays?--so they'll be remaindered eventually.

With two bids as of 10:30 Thursday night, the eBay price is $45.32 USD. On ABE, he's asking $60.49. I guess if the bidding goes higher than that, he will pull the book from ABE. If by some wild chance, no-one bids any more, will he have to let it go at $45?