Old December 12th 04, 03:38 AM
John Wade

Rich Davis wrote:

what kind of questions do you have?

Hello, Rich!!

Thanks for the reply. At least I know the group
has not totally been abandoned!!

Let me start with this question.....

Along with my set of Topps 1961 cards, I have
been getting examples of the inserts, which
include the "Magic Rub Off" insert and the
panel of two stamps, as well as the stamp
album, which was a mail-in item.

I also have two different wrappers from that
set. One wrapper has an "Extra Feature In
Every Pack" blurb on the front, and an offer
for a mail-in pennant on the back. See here...

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper1.jpg

The other has an "Extra Baseball Stamps In
Every Pack" blurb on the front, and an offer
for the album to put the stamps in on the back.
Shown he

http://home.triad.rr.com/ovis/images/wrapper2.jpg

I know, because I have seen, a third wrapper
with the "Extra Feature" front and a ballot for
the Topps All Star Team back.

The questions are these:

How many different wrappers were used in '61??

I assume the "Extra Feature" wrapper was for
the "Rub Off" insert, but how many, and which
series, included the Rub Offs??

And, of course, which series used the "Stamps"
wrapper??

Any help would be much appreciated.
John Wade