Old January 2nd 04, 06:07 AM
TJC

The answer....

First, I hate when people post things that they know NOTHING about. Rickie
Weeks IS NOT a first base prospect, he plays secondbase. Brad Nelson IS NOT
a first base prospect, he play Left Field.

Prince Fielder is penciled into the Brewer's lineup next season. The
Brewers traded one of there two "star" players a few months back. That
player was Richie Sexson, their former starting firstbaseman. Prince is the
only "true" first base prospect that Milwaukee has in the minors. Some
people may argue with me here and say that Brandon Gemoll has more long term
potential.

Prince who is only 19 was named MVP and Prospect of the Year in the Midwest
League for 2003. He finished in the top 3 in voting for Minor League Player
of the Year.

He is rated #9 overall by Baseball America on their Prospect Hot Sheet. He
is the #1 rated first baseman in the minors. (Jason Stokes isn't even in
the top 50).

To even compare Jason Stokes to Prince is a joke. Last years stats for
both:
AVG G AB R H RBI 2B 3B HR BB SO SB
CS
Jason Stokes - .258 121 462 67 119 89 31 3 17 36 135 6
4
Prince Fielder - .313 137 502 81 157 112 22 2 27 71 80 2
1

Figured, Blackjet is a moron that knows nothing. I have a question for
you.... Do you think Barry Bonds is a good baseball player? Or what's
your opinion about the sun always rising in the east?

geez
TC

"MikeCouil" wrote in message
Prince is a former home run hitters son who displays the same kind of

power.
For betting people, he's obviously a good player to place a bet on. He

SHOULD
develop into quite a ball player.

I wouldn't worry about him being a Brewer. If he does turn out to be any

good
they'll simply trade him away to a real team.

Mike

He's supposedly should be better than his dad though, he can hit for
average besides the home runs (hit something like .335 with 35 HR's in A
ball) but he is overweight just like his dad so no SB's.

If I recall Jason Stokes had simliar or better numbers in A ball last
seasonand his rookie, which is not an auto but still not significantly

more
rare thanPrince's XRC, is about $15-20. $130 for Fielder $20 for Stokes.
Don't get it.Unless its Brewer fans who finally have a decent prospect to

put
money intoafter all these years.