Old November 12th 03, 02:33 AM
Pete Panaro

Subject: Jersey cards with pinstripes
From: (Dan Aliperto-MN)
Date: 11/1/2003 2:27 PM Eastern Standard Time
The reason they garner more interest is because they just look better. A
plain
one color swatch is boring.

The only GU I collect is Joe & Jake Mauer stuff & since I have a few of each
one now, I'll only buy new ones that have pinstripes, the plain ones are to
blah.

The worst are road uniforms. Ugh.

I stopped collecting GU but the only kind I collected were retired/hof/dead
players. And quite frankly, I'd rather have a non-white, non-gray jersey if
it's someone from the post-wool jersey era. So a blue Mike Schmidt or a dark
blue Eddie Matthews jersey. But most of all I'd rather have the old wool
jerseys.