Old September 29th 04, 07:29 AM
Free Citizen

"John B. Egger" wrote in message
I'm finding that my Parker 45, equipped with a Parker converter, will not
draw ink from the bottle when it's installed in the pen... but it will
when I remove it from the pen and insert it directly into the bottle. This
is not a pen I use very often.

The problem sounds to me like an air leak at the point at which the
converter mounts onto the body of the pen (collector?). Any suggestions
for gasket repair, or parts source for a NOS (or does a new one fit?)
converter?

Ha! Not a pen you use very often. There lies a probable cause to your
problem. Did you washed the pen before you last kept it aside? If not, soak
it in water overnight. Flush it thoroughly. Put it to dry and then try
again.
--
Best regards,
Free Citizen