Old December 2nd 03, 11:46 PM
TC

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:24:40 GMT, Tracy Barber
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:33:48 -0500, TC wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:32:40 GMT, Tracy Barber
wrote:

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:26:05 +0100, "Pierre COURTIADE"
wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote :

It's definitely Ceylon. The Higgins & Gage catalog on letter "C" only
goes to 1974. It looks "close" to an airmail envelope, but I couldn't
find it in there. Maybe there's an Addendum that I overlooked,
upstairs. Will check later.

Value? Not much... no world cruise, for sure.

Tracy Barber

Hi Tracy and Didier,

I found stamps from Sri-Lanka with the same design in the centre,
catalogued by Yvert as "Fiscaux-Postaux" (stamps for common usage as
normal and revenue stamps).
Issued in 1984.
These stamps are catalogued by Scott in the normal section (Sc #
726-727)

As a follow up, my reprinted Higgins & Gage stationary catalog doesn't
cover them. Looked up Sri Lanka, not even represented. Then again,
that section was done up in the early 70s.

Tracy Barber

Didier , Pierre and Tracy:

Further to the above, I would like to point
out that Scott #726-727 have been DELETED
from the Scott 2004 catalogue.

At the end of the regular stamps listing is
a section on POSTAL-FISCAL stamps is added.

Only 2 (1984) stamps are illustrated - 50R
and 100R. The numbers are AR6 and AR7.

However, the following note appears.

"The editors believe that seven additional
revenue stamps were authorized for postal use
during 1979-98 and would like to examine them."

Blair

The only problem with the "revenue" slant is that not many revenues
have been stationery. Maybe over there, but not so more elsewhere.

Tracy Barber

It's not a revenue. It's a 60 cent DOMESTIC rate
postal stationery. The design is similar to the
postal-fiscals of the same period.

Blair