Old December 1st 03, 05:59 PM
Eric Bustad

Tracy Barber wrote:
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:26:05 +0100, "Pierre COURTIADE"
wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote :

It's definitely Ceylon. The Higgins & Gage catalog on letter "C" only
goes to 1974. It looks "close" to an airmail envelope, but I couldn't
find it in there. Maybe there's an Addendum that I overlooked,
upstairs. Will check later.

Value? Not much... no world cruise, for sure.

Tracy Barber

Hi Tracy and Didier,

I found stamps from Sri-Lanka with the same design in the centre,
catalogued by Yvert as "Fiscaux-Postaux" (stamps for common usage as
normal and revenue stamps).
Issued in 1984.
These stamps are catalogued by Scott in the normal section (Sc #
726-727)

As a follow up, my reprinted Higgins & Gage stationary catalog doesn't
cover them. Looked up Sri Lanka, not even represented. Then again,
that section was done up in the early 70s.

*Is* there a catalog that would list modern postal stationary of 3rd
world countries? I checked the Michel site, but they only cover Europe.

= Eric