Old January 15th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
1787[_2_]

Default selling unused stamps.

"1787" wrote in message
I have seen several reports of people selling stamps to a dealer for a
surprisingly small percentage of cat.

Let's say I want to sell a major dealer a sheet of 40 common, unused (NH)
25c US stamps (with selvage). Am I to expect an offer of less than $10?
If so, why wouldn't I just use them for postage?

Thanks for your advice.

Ken

kind responses snipped

Thank you ALL, very much for the good information and the great advice. I
really appreciate you all helping me out.

I can see that I have several options since I don't have more than a couple
hundred sheets all totaled of various denominations. I think I will use the
more mundane and recent ones for postage and keep the rest, because deep
down I really enjoy the stamps (which I think I had forgotten somehow) and
many of them are nice examples of the engraver's and artist's work. I think
the most unusual ones I have are sheets of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 cent postage
due stamps. I remember thinking how odd it was that you could buy a stamp,
the purpose of which meant you owed the post office that much money. Thanks
again.

Ken