Old January 14th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default selling unused stamps.

In a recent message "1787" wrote:

I have seen several reports of people selling stamps to a dealer for a
surprisingly small percentage of cat.

Let's say I want to sell a major dealer a sheet of 40 common, unused (NH)
25c US stamps (with selvage). Am I to expect an offer of less than $10? If
so, why wouldn't I just use them for postage?

You would probably use them for postage.

However, if you had 400 sheets of 40 common, unused (NH)
25c US stamps (with selvedge), then you might consider an offer of
$3500 (rather tha $4000) in a different light, as you may not be able to
use that many stamps in the rest of your life!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :