Old September 14th 05, 02:32 AM
Bob E.

Bob wrote:

Hello,

I am currently living in Switzerland and I brought my Seeburg C100 with
me. I have a 1000W 220 - 110 voltage converter, but it operates at
50hz, which makes the records play slower.

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem to get back to normal speed.
I've been looking for a way to boost the HZ but I can't find an
economical solution.

Kendrick's (KLR) advice is good for jukes that have a belt or idler
wheel that drives the turntable, but Seeburgs are gear-driven, so
you need a different set of gears to change the ratio, and hence the
speed. I believe Victory Glass carries these sets, but it may not
fit your "economical solution" requirement. It's also a pretty major
bit of surgery on the mechanism to do the swap, I bet. KLR's advice on
the lamp ballasts is good though, check them to see if they get hot
at 50 Hz. (they will be inexpensive to replace if you need it).

--Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)