Old May 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Coingate: Problems with my Coin World magazine

"frank wight" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bruce Remick wrote:
"longnine009" wrote in message
. ..
The issue I got last week looked like it went through a cotton gin.

I just discovered that the last three Coin Value mags I received were
actually
newsstand versions, mailed separately from the CW paper and dated
differently.
All three were scruffed up and at least one was received so ragged to be
unsuitable for saving. Sent an email to Coin World asking what happened to
the
supplement versions packaged with the CW I had been getting once a month. No
reply yet. Anyone else have this happen?

Bruce

Of course you probably know that there is a two-tier pricing for CW
customers...
those that want the supplement and those that don't. I currently am
stuck with
the supplement...and don't want it.

I never knew that. I have subscribed to CW for many years, never noticing any
two-tier pricing option. I just started receiving the CV mag as a supplement
when it came out and have been getting them ever since. No apparent price
increase. I didn't even know you could "opt out" of the magazine when it came
time to renew.

I did email CW about the switch from CV supplements to newsstand issues and
received a reply indicating that starting in October there would be only a
newsstand version of Coin Values-- no supplement. If you subscribe to both CW
and CV, they will be mailed together in a protective wrapper.

I thought that when they dropped the weekly CW Trends feature in 2003, they
touted their new monthly CV magazine as a slick replacement (free to
subscribers) which included a comprehensive Trends section each month. If I
have been paying more for my subscription since this magazine came out, I was
not aware of it. Wouldn't be the first thing I wasn't aware of.

Bruce