Old July 6th 12, 05:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

Default Best software for archiving stamps.

With a scan record you don't have to mark the back of the stamp as
much. With software you can embed the description into the image
encoding [not visible - but as EXIF data]

I'm sure some collectors have good reasons to scan some of their stamps.
I don't, at least not yet.

Might I suggest that your valuable items would benefit from scanning
for an insurance record? Especially those that are identifiable in
some fashion, centering, slightly uneven perforations or other that
could later prove they were yours before a theft ?