Old March 24th 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Sue....

I am guessing that's a good question to discuss... why be a member of
the UACC if you are not going to abide by their code/mantra or
whatever. I would assume that when you join, you take an oath of
sorts (at least agree somewhere to follow); however it's up to the
organization to make sure their members are kosher. Applicants should
go through a screening process and then after, they should
occasionally police their members. Otherwise, what are you paying for
other than the privledge of having a name attached to legally sell
forgeries etc? I am sure a lot of forgers squeaked by or at least try
to. It's obvious the entity probably started somewhere with two
people starting a group (like any two of us) and had ideas. Just like
the owners of this newsgroup... where are they? What's the history?
I haven't looked but hopefully they have an archive somewhere; a file
cabinet with all their stuff. One day who knows, could grow to be
like Masons, Elks, or any other type organization where history will
be important (for staying power, longevity and documentation will be
needed).

But they aren't big enough (probably just a few guys running it?
Maybe even one or two?) to police everything. You do need to do what
my hubby had to do for his job... it's called QAE or Quality Assurance
Evaluations. You spot check say quarterly x amount of people to spot
check and then give them warnings etc as needed.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:22:43 -0700 (PDT), barefoot
wrote:

yeah sorry...my mistake. uacc is the uacc...lots of people are
members..but why be a member if you're not going to uphold the uacc
guidelines or regualtions.

by the way, i would LOVE to be totally wrong about this guy...but the
simple fact of the matter is, is that i am not...i would totally love
to rally around the people doing it right...but instead of addressing
the accusations, he chooses to try and discredit me...and i'm all for
that...but when the truth comes out and other people see it like i see
it...he's going to have a hard time discrediting EVERYONE!