Old April 10th 10, 11:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

Default Post your favorite pen!

"Brian Ketterling" writes:

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
m...
...I'm posting them to alt.binaries.pens-pencils now.

(on ABP-P
I've finally gotten around to posting my daily writer. It's a MontBlanc
Meisterstuk Le Grande. Unfortunately, it has gone through the dryer
once before, which necessitated the replacing of some parts, including
the nib. You can see a slight misalignment of the turn-knob on the
back of the pen. It's a great writer, and I love to use it. It's an
Extra Fine nib, and has Noodler's Midnight Blue in it at the moment.

Thanks for posting -- great pen! Have you previously mentioned running one
through the dryer?

Yep, this is one and the same.

I can't see the knob misalignment, but I have a couple of questions
regarding the nib closeup (pen3.jpg): is that a (crack/scratch/line of ink),
or an image artifact, and how does it write inverted?

Hrm, do you mean the "capillary" line that ends in the air hole? If
so, that's an actual divide in the pen nib. The nib is not actually
split or cracked though. There are some dots of ink along the nib if
you look closely.

As for writing inverted, I assume that you mean with the top, engraved
part of the nib facing towards the paper? I actually have not spent
much time analyzing that, as I always write the other way with it.
It does write, but the feel is most certainly different. There isn't
as much inkflow that way, and you don't get any sort of smoothness out
of it at all. The "give" in the pen is also all off if you try to
write that way.

Aaron W. Hsu
--
A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep.