Old April 25th 16, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default USPS WARNING!!!

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

For those who do not know;
NEVER EVER SEND REGISTERED to the USPS.
http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2009/pb22259/html/updt_004.htm

Of FIVE items sent from Europe, all but one were apparently stolen
in the ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 'sorting centre.

I don't see a direct relationship between the contents of this 2009 revision
of the " Mailing Standards of the United States Postal Service,
International Mail Manual (IMMŪ) section 752.13" and the warning "NEVER EVER
SEND REGISTERED to the USPS."

The fact that the compensation was limited seven years ago cannot be
considered as an invitation to the (rather correctly paid) postal workers to
break the law and eventually lose their jobs.

Just FYI, I received on time and in good shape many registered letter, with
or without philatelic contents, that were sent from Europe to US. AFAIK none
was lost.

Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/