Old January 20th 14, 05:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default Local Man Caught Selling Counterfeit Morgans He Bought on eBay

In article ,
Jud wrote:

On Friday, January 17, 2014 9:29:50 PM UTC-5, Phil DeMayo wrote:
A couple of stories in local newspapers:

New Haven Register:

http://www.nhregister.com/general-ne...resident-faces
-charges-for-selling-manufacturing-fake-money

Meriden Record Journal:

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/merid.../man-charged-w
ith-selling-fake-antique-coins-in-meriden.html

Good to see that you are still here Phil. See that this crook is right in
your backyard too. And again, the news media can't get the story right.
"Morgan Silver Dollars were produced from 1878 to 1904 and are worth anywhere
from hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars". What about the 1921's? 8-)

Mustabin a "Slow News Day" in the Northeast ... When I wuz helping out
at a local coin shop a few years ago, we used to get people coming in to
sell their "valuable silver coinz" once or twice a week. Most
eventually admitted having bought them for $3 each at a local flea
market, and claimed to not know that they were counterfeit. (YES, even
the "1906 Silver Eagles" ...). I always suggested they turn them in to
the San Jose PeeDee or the Secret Service and try to get the seller
arrested, but as far as I know he's still out there selling them to
"bargain hunters" ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com