Old July 7th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default O.K., so what about that spot Ira?

On Jul 7, 10:06 am, oly wrote:
On Jul 7, 9:41 am, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 05:47:31 -0500, Mr. Jaggers lugburzman wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
Yet, your primary goal is not to, pardon, stir **** here. Oly doesn't
seem to contribute anything positive at all, just wants to get people
stirred up to respond. That's what a troll _is_. Disagreeing with
someone is one thing and to be expected. Posting messages specifically
crafted to, sorry, make people dance for him, is what Oly is doing, and
you're dancing. He's not worth the effort.
If you care to reject someone in that fashion, that is your business. I
would invite you to go back and re-read this entire thread. If you do so,
you will find that oly has a passion for elongateds, and can hold forth most
eloquently on his favorite subject at some length.

I don't read his posts directly; I only see what others quote from him.
He picks topics and posters to attack specifically to get responses. He
pulls the strings and puppets dance for him. This is what he comes to
the group for. That, I consider to be a troll and a waste of time to
interact with.

I consider that a
positive contribution. Although I have no real interest in that field
myself, I certainly am not going to sit here and publicly denigrate his
hobby. Yet that is what some on this newsgroup have done, and this is not
the first time. I believe that to be the core issue of this whole matter.

No, the core issue of the matter with him and the other two loudest
trolls, is that people keep dancing for them so they keep on trolling.

Tell you what - check out the google archives of misc.emerg-services to
see what happens when a few people toy with a harmless troll. Short
version: turned into an unusable sewer as the trolls brought in their
friends, the group became unusable, and had to be abandoned. Years
later maybe it's back but, I'd hate to lose a good resource for a few
years because someone wanted to dance for an obvious troll. I've seen it
happen.

Well, don't worth Davykins; I don't have any friends.

Meanwhile, this is a great bridge to lounge under.

Over the several years that I've been here, the value of RCC has been
like a pendulum, swinging back and forth between valuable and asinine.

The people who are Ira's true believers, acolytes and shills do RCC a
far greater diservice than my well-founded skepticism.

oly
No Lincoln Cent is worth $13400. How can you pay so much for so
little?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks mon prof, I has been a great pleasure to meet & make your
acquaintance too. I know that I am a bundle of contradictions; and I
will ignore some of my own totally nutty collectible purchases if they
contradict with my tirade du jour.

oly