Old March 19th 08, 03:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Arthur C. Clarke has died, age 90

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:50:11 -0800, "Rich Davis"
wrote:

(Arthur C. Clarke was a recluse, and hardly sent autographs through the
mail.)

I mailed a bookplate to Sri Lanka and he signed it, but that was back in
2002. The bookplate now rests in my copy of The Collected Stories of Arthur
C. Clarke.

Yeah; I've heard both before. People I knew got successes and I wrote
to Sri Lanka as well... but nothing. Some got him and others didn't.
Maybe he was bi-polar!

Anyway, he was a talent with an extraordinary mind/imagination and
that will be missed.