Old March 14th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John DeBoo

Default Using stock sheets: stamp size problem

Pasha wrote:
Pasha:

Have you thought to use STAMP MOUNTS instead of STOCK SHEETS?

That way you can cut strips of the correct size and mount them
on a blank album page. Mounts come in many sizes.
Some I have used come in 210 or 215 mm to 265 mm wide strips and they
are found in heights up to 158mm.

Believe it or not, that's exactly what I am considering right now as
we speak :-)

Of course, it will be a pain, but then I won't have any problems
moving stamps around when needed.

The only problem with mounting is that the are no longer mobile if you
want to move or change things, whereas with stock sheets they are.
Mounts for the bigger stuff can be expensive when compared to stock
sheets which can be used over and over for other collections. My
preference in this instance is to use the plastic Vario type stock
sheets. G&K makes them too and they are somewhat cheaper than the Vario
brand.

John D.