Old April 27th 17, 10:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
imtheman

Default A Seller on Ebay, or Fraudbay as some call it, is at it again

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 9:45:29 PM UTC-4, frschoonover wrote:
Fellow 8-Track Collectors and Enthusiasts

There is a seller on Ebay/Fraudbay selling a common 8-Track tape, falsely claiming it's rare, for almost $100.00 ($99.99). It is The Rolling Stones #1 US selling and platinum winning album Some Girls. Here's the link to the "Buy It Now" ad for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152516922246

Who does this seller thinks they're kidding? This isn't rare, but very common. This seller must think that everybody is ignorant.

Frank, there are people who sell on sites like Ebay that rely on the ignorance of others in order to make a buck. The thing is that there will be people who will fall for it and then, they will later see that they were suckered into it when they discover that these types of 8-Tracks are common. It's simply greed taken to the extreme, that's all. It does take all kinds to fill the world, even though there are some kinds that we can do without.

He is also selling a pirated tape of The Doors Greatest Hits called Up To Date, which is also the name of The Partridge Family's second album. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-The-Doo...AOSwJ4hY95H ~

As I said, who does this seller thinks he's kidding or fooling. I just thought I'd share. What do y'all think?

WOW! How original. I remember the Partridge Family album Up To Date. The thing is with bootleggers and pirates, they will simply recycle or reuse a name that is used from a legit release, such as the aforementioned Partridge Family album, to name something of theirs. Another case in point is the Led Zeppelin bootleg live album Hot August Night, which is a reusing of the title of a Neil Diamond live album also bearing that name. This simply shows that nothing is sacred. As I said, it takes all kinds to fill the world.

Just another day in the world of extreme greed.