Old May 1st 08, 04:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Ink Reviews: Orange, Apricot Orange, Quick Lime

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 03:27:59 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

Conway Stewart Orange:
It looks reddish in the bottle, but is plainly orange juice on paper. The
resemblance is so remarkable that I wanted some juice to make sure. (I
don't
keep OJ on hand.) Fortunately, a TV commercial for OJ made from Valencia
oranges played and I verified that it, indeed, is exactly that color. Of
course, I have no idea of how orange juice looks on your TV, but you
surely
get my point well enough for me not to have to go out to buy some juice.

Thanks for the comments on the CS Orange. I've seen some CS colors
and they looked like crap and this one sounds really watery.

It didn't seem different from the other inks I've tried with the dip pen.
They're all basically colored water, anyway, so it's just a matter of
whether or not someone wants what their writing to look like it was written
with OJ or not. I like the idea and am trying to think to whom I can send a
note or letter - darn email!

What I don't like about CS is that the bottle didn't come in a box like
other inks I have. Even Sheaffer has a box, not that the clear container
does anything about blocking out the light .

If you're interested in plain orange, kind of bold, I think you'll be
very happy with Diamine Orange, which is one of very few Diamine inks
I'm pleased with.

Yup. It's on my list.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.