Old October 9th 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default ID please.

Maze indeed, and that's for the simplified.
A good argument for keeping all stamps, until one
has a decent catalogue, I notice all the Junk stamps
have two plates, ie: dots beneath the "Cts", and squares beneath the "Cts"
differing frame mandrels etc.
The bilingual overprints, may come in black or red ink etc &etc.

That should add at least another 100 catalogue numbers to the finite list,
I'd say.

I had a look at the used prices in my 27 year-old catalogue, and I see
that all the used prices are higher than mint, though not remarkably
(usually around 50%), except for the $500 imperf, which is priced the
same mint and used. This set is the second last listed for the
Shansi-Chahar-Hopei area (there was another $500 in a different design
as the last from the area). Perhaps Gibbons had doubts about their
genuineness, or listed them somewhere else in the maze.