Old December 12th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
coinsusa

Default Can anyone explain what this guy means by "the recent rash of certification number thefts"?

On Dec 12, 12:31 pm, Bob Hairgrove wrote:
On 11 Dec 2006 21:51:08 -0800, "coinsusa"
wrote:

This picture in this particular auction left the barcode intact,
which could be scanned for the serial number. A bit of work, but you
know how some people are.

It's not really any work at all ... you can download BC readers from
the internet for nothing, even a lousy demo version will print out the
number for you (don't ask me for links because I don't want to
encourage such activities...)

--
Bob Hairgrove

I know what you are saying. I got a hand scanner for work and tried it
out on a few pcgs slabs ...
no problem... Of course there is another way to hijack serial numbers
without ever seeing the coins or holder, although it it quite a bit
more work... I don't want to reveal it either for the same reason.