Old June 4th 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default Label ID.

On Jun 4, 9:54 am, "rodney" wrote:
"Blair"
Sounds like an interesting shop at good prices.
Too bad our Canadian Red Cross doesn't do the same.

Indeed,
there is this vast underground army of "volunteers" throughout our society,
which very rarely get recognised, these very generous people do it
as they are aware of the joy of giving.
There was a lot of natter going on, not much of it philatelic

I had a great time fossicking, that's the beauty of collecting WW
Here's an example, where I paid double the catalogue price.
(I paid 10c)http://cjoint.com/data/gebW57BLPi.htm

SGEC310A East China (transport) challenge: find the duck! .........or
is it a pigeon?
donkey included.

The unknown "character" overprint obliterates the Japanese flag on the
staff.
what the hell was it doing there in the first place?

Rodney.

The character means 'Post'. I suspect it's obliterating the Japanese
flag in a battle scene, from the war against the Japanese - the war
having concluded by that time.

Tony