Old September 12th 03, 05:58 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Harv" wrote in message
. ..

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

Back in the dark ages there were gas stations
which were full service.
They cleaned the windshield and all other windows, checked under the hood

for all
the fluids, checked the belts and filters, checked the tire pressures and

pumped the
gas.

Aw, C'mon Grampa, yer makin' that up. They never did that. Hey everybody,
Grampa is going nuts again.. I bet next yer gonna tell us that story about
how you could buy a brand new full-sized car for $3000.00 and gas was 30
cents a gallon, and you walked to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill,
both ways.. now tell us that story about how you used to leave your car in
the driveway with the windows down and the keys in the ignition.. that one
makes us laugh too.. ..

Maybe I won't tell you that but I will tell you that my father bought his home
(newly built) for $3,500 and my mother's father bought a 313 acre farm for the
princely
sum of $3,130 in the late 1930's (slightly before my time ;-)

Dale
May be old but not a Gramp ;-)