Old November 20th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default 1928-D $2.00 Red Seal US note - AU Condition, 1928-A $1.00 Ch. AU58 Silver Certificate

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:14:32 -0600, Mr. Jaggers lugburzman wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:54:46 GMT, Jon Purkey

No PayPal is a turn-off to some.

Many.

Myself for sure.

Maybe even "most". 3% or whatever paypal takes, isn't much if you
factor in folks who don't want to bother with checks or whatever payment
method the seller wants. Much as it annoys me to give paypal a cut for
doing little, they _do_ increase the number of people who will bid on an
item.

If you're selling an iPod that 27,000 people want, who cares, bypass
paypal. If you're selling a coin that dozens or several people may be
bidding on, well, you're unwise to limit your potentital customers by
not giving paypal as a payment option. IMHO of course.

Conversely, unless the seller is offering a coin that I have sought for
years, I will generally bypass the no-PayPal auction. I need a real
incentive to stand in line behind people who are practicing their
Conversational English at the post office to buy a money order.

James