Old July 31st 03, 05:10 PM
J. A. Mc.

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:48:35 +0200, Toke Nørby
found these unused words floating about:

When you answer to a posting in a thread - please don't change the
subject line as my news reader turn that answer into a brand new
posting - outside the original thread. It is much easier for (I'm
sure) most of us to keep the relevant posting in the original thread
if you leave the subject line unchanged!

So - please don't add "OT" (whatever) to the text in the subject line
even if you think the posting is OT. You can write that in the body of
the posting.

Thanks, friends!

Toke;

It -is- considered netiquette to alter the header when the discussion
strays off the original topic.

The purpose specifically to be what you are seeing - essentially a new
post thread.

As the group has discussed many times - altering for OT or SNA is
appreciated by most. Some only want the 'pure' discussion andcan
ignore the OT/SNA'd posts. G

If you change your sorting to "Subject" instead of "Thread" they'll be
regrouped - though not necessarily in posted or reply order.

HTH