Old March 7th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Default Begin book collecting as lifetime hobby

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 2/27/2011 20:38 PM, Don Phillipson wrote:
"Jean wrote in message
Joe Morris wrote:
Not so long ago, HardyBoys.us wrote:
Step 1: Find book you like
Step 2: Buy it
Step 3: Read it
Step 4: Put it on the shelf next to the rest of your books

Step 5: Add bookshelves until every wall surface is properly covered
Step 6: Start half-hearted culling of collection

Why bother with that last one?

Because otherwise you will find out which will collapse
first, the floors or your spouse.

I had the advantage of building my own house. I put in 2x10 joists 12
inches on center (not the usual 16"), supported by steel beams, and 2x6
carrying walls. Of course, my spouse has been talking about limits
recently.

Oh! The advantages of building one's own home! I am glad I don't
have to worry about a spouse's limits though.

--
Jean B.