Old August 22nd 12, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

Default What do you collect?

? "Pierre COURTIADE" ?????? ??? ??????
I have collected stamps from France since 1954 (I was 10).
I stopped buying the newly issued stamps on 1st jan 2002, a symbolic date
(the last stamps with a face value in French Francs disappeared at that
date). The reason was not of course the introduction of Euro, but the
silly policy of the issuing authority trying to sell more and more stamps,
booklets, souvenir sheets, personalized stamps and all kinds of
cinderellas.
Amongst this ugly stuff about only 10% of nice looking engraved stamps,
the remaining being mostly computer designed stamps based on
photographies.
As my "to have" list of stamps from France is now consisting of about 15
stamps plus some "end of catalog", I only buy these remaining stamps. Due
to their price, it takes time and I will never have all of them ...

I also began sorting out a "shoe box" of about 8,000 stamps from Australia
that I bought 10 years ago. It took me nearly 2 months to nearly complete
the job.

I also collect "oddities" or amusing covers.

--
Regards,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

I collect 4 countries namely Romania, Greece, Vatican and San Marino.
I want to complete a collection with all the S/S from each country and
secondly to put together collections with normal stamps from those four
countries but only what pleases my eyes, that is mainly paintings on stamps,
athletic events, war time stamps and similar.

PS
Nice greek family name you have;-)