Old August 22nd 12, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default What do you collect?

On 8/18/2012 6:49 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
In the past we run several times postings with the subject: What do you
collect? This way we could learn more about the philatelic interests of
the participants in RCSD and know better one another.

I will start by (re)introducing myself. As noted in my signature, I'm
interested in the topics "Art on Stamps" and "Communism on Postal
Stamps." Other interests are Romanian stamps and philatelic
webmastering. Humor related to stamps is also a subject that interests me.

How about you? TIA.

I collect US, Australia, Portugal, and Great Britain -- the latter three
after visits to those countries. I bought packets in each country and
brought them home. I picked up the Australian stamps in a Melbourne
department store in 1985. They still had a stamp counter. Such counters
disappeared in the US back in the 50's or 60's. I picked up the British
stamps at Stanley Gibbons main store on the Strand in London. I got the
Portuguese stamps from a dealer in Lisbon in a fifth-floor walkup (no
elevator) office.

I also try to keep up with computer related stamps.

Bill