Old August 6th 03, 05:15 PM
Juan

(FDubiel) wrote in message ...
1.) Any true innovations in fountain pens and ink in the last 50
years.
2.) Any innovations the manufacturers of fountain pens could or should
be working on.

None. Zero since the Snorkel and there is no known way to come up with
anything new. Its ALL been done before. In fact if one takes away the Snorkel
the last inovation was 1940 with the 51 in terms of writing dependability.
NOTHING new has been done since these two pens. There is just no way to come up
with a more dependable pen or a better filler that hasn't been tried before. A
technology can only be pushed so far and fountain pens reached their technical
limit back then. Nor do I belive they will ever be anything new in fountain
pens in the future. Just rehashes of old designs. Or silly gimmicks with no
purpose or advantage like the Level. What next --a fountain pen that fills
from a can of ink charged with compressed gas like a butane lighter? It could
be done and probably will eventually but again its in the gimmick catagory.
Hmm, should I patent that idea? Maybe that will be the Level II?

For God's sake, Frank, don't give pen manufacturers those ideas!!

Juan

Nor has ink changed. Ink has always been and always will be basically colored
water. Nothing else can work properly in a fountain pen.
Frank