Old August 6th 03, 12:13 PM
Jolyon Wright

if it aint broke....

jolyon

"David Heverly" wrote in message
om...
I've been thinking about how fountain pens have changed over the years
and it doesn't seem there has been anything truly innovative in the
last 40 or 50 years. Maybe there have been innovations in the
manufacture of fountain pens and there may be some new materials such
as ABS plastic, but the fountain pen is pretty much the same as it was
in the 1950's.

I'm guessing that goes for ink as well. New colors perhaps, but
pretty much just colored water. I look at the ball point and roller
ball and the introduction of Gel ink seems like a true innovation.

I was wondering if the group can think of:

1.) Any true innovations in fountain pens and ink in the last 50
years.
2.) Any innovations the manufacturers of fountain pens could or should
be working on.

David
Who spends too much time thinking about these things.