Old June 4th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

Default Spain~Franking stamps for Senators and deputies.

On Jun 4, 12:26*am, "Pedro" wrote:
Well, the Edifil Spanish catalog defines it literally as a "private issue".
I think that what they try to say is that it was intended for use only
inside the Congress/Senate and not by the rest of citizens in the postal
offices. Not available to general public. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Pedro

"rodney" wrote in message

Very nice Pedro,
they are a particularly well designed set.
Good luck with the last one in the set.

I do not understand "private issue" there must be another philatelic
description
other than this surely.
"officials"?

"Pedro" wrote in message
Hello,

As Blair correctly points out they were a private issue for use in the
Congress and Senate.

Here are mine. I have one left to complete the set.

http://cjoint.com/?gecjGpbtY2

Pedro

"rodney" wrote in message
I dug it out a phossick box this evening Blair,
I have never seen one before,
The response was from here (with two others in the set)
http://www.pagowirense.nl/stamps/sta-myst.asp?id=1
I took it as "unissued"
but welcome any other advice.

"Blair"
Is this a free frank label for deputies' mail
or just a commemorative sticker?

Blair

Correct in theory.

However, I have seen a full set on a First Day Cover
(along with a normal stamp to pay postage)

The point is that the series is nice, but was not necessary,
since Deputies and Senators had a FREE FRANK
for their mail. (No stamp needed)

Blair