Old July 1st 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default Map of Denmark

"Ralphael1" skrev i en meddelelse
ups.com...

Mette wrote:

Thanks for the map. It is true that it is not very detailed, and it seems
that both Bob (and Viktor Sten) are thinking of a rather accurate
military
map.

Text snipped.

Hello Mette. It looks good to me but since I have never seen a map of
Denmark I do not know what the country is supposed to look like. I was
surprised to see that Denmark is not one piece of land and has several
islands.

Hi Ralph,
In that case you'll be surprised to learn that Denmark comprises some 700
(!) islands -- bigger or smaller, some only needleheads -- and that the only
land boundary (with Germany) is only 68 km.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...os/da.html#Geo

Mette
PS: The postfærge-stamps have winged their way to Florida today.

Ralphael, the OLD one