Old May 13th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default I bought a Morgan on ebay that looks like a VAM Top 100

"oly" wrote in message
ups.com...
VAM is phony baloney. Psuedo-science. A mountain from a molehill.
False scholar****.

In the 1880s and 1890s the U.S. Mint had to wade through mountains of
silver every month. They made 1000s of dies. It had to be hectic, a
crazy time.

The flaws, the minor errors, mean nothing. They don't tell us ****
about the era that they were produced in, they don't tell us anything
about the minting process. Little flaws, nicks in the dies from where
they were dropped, tools hit the die faces, die clashes, big whoopee.

A 1955 double die cent would be a great thing to find for zero and sell
for a lot; but I'd never buy one.

I know I'm way out of line in saying this, but a person should collect what
he likes, not collect what he doesn't like, and not denigrate the collecting
interests of other numismatists.

Mr. Jaggers