Old May 3rd 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
johnnyo

Default I can't believe no one posted anything on this. What? Were youguys all waiting for me? (New $100 Bill Images) (I wonder if a new $500 billwould be similar)

Today's Video
Take a look at the high-tech, newly redesigned $100 bill.
http://whoknew.news.yahoo.com/?vid=18555857

john

On Apr 29, 11:05 pm, Drago the Wolf wrote:
http://www.mydollarplan.com/new-100-dollar-bill/

I was a little disappointed with the back of the new $100 at first,
because I thought the low-vision numeral would be similar to the $10,
$20 and $50's, but now I grew to love both sides of the new $100 bill
and the $100 is now by far, my favorite of this series.

What sucks is, it is being released on Febuary 10 of 2011. I wonder
why so long, because they are likely just about to release the next
generation of U.S. currency. If the U.S. currency is going to be
redesigned every 7-10 years, 2011 when the new $100 bill comes out
will be 9 years since 2003, when the new colorized $20 bill came out,
so, following the release of the new $100 bill in 2011, we may be
hearing more about one of the already colorized denominations getting
a redesign again the following year in 2012, the 10 year mark.

I have heard a few things about the governement possibly changing the
size of all denomination paper money and probably the designs a bit
too, except the $1 and $2 bills. This really bothers me seeing as, I
live in a family of people with poor vision, and my mother can hardly
see without glasses, and has a hard time telling $1 and $2 bills apart
without her glasses unless they are right in her face. I myself am
20/400 vision in both eyes and can see all right, but am supposed to
wear glasses full time, but I only wear them when I drive or watch tv.
I just can't read things in the distance, but, in the future I may
depend on a different sized $2 bill. So I don't see why, if the
government does not want to redesign or change the size of the $1
bill, thats is all fine and dandy with me, but if all other
denominations are getting a redesign, as well as a resize, redesign
the damn $2 bill. I DO NOT want them to just stop printing $2s, I just
want them redesigned to make them more usable for those who use them.
Everything else, including the half dollar coin has a distinguishible
feature for the blind and visually impaired: its size. So, if the $1
and $2 bills remain the same size, and all other denominations will
change in size, the $2 bill would still be discrimitory against the
blind and visually impaired. Perhaps I should write THAT in a letter
to my government officials.

I wish they would just get rid of the rag $1 and $2 bucks.
Unfortunately, in the testimony I read, no denomination was considered
to be replaced with a coin, which is a real shame, because they could
really make a nice $2 coin distinguishible for the blind.