Old May 1st 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default I can't believe no one posted anything on this. What? Were you guys all waiting for me? (New $100 Bill Images) (I wonder if a new $500 bill would be similar)

"Jud" wrote in message
On May 1, 10:08 am, Jerry Dennis wrote:

Gotta jump in here. I saw on the news last night that the Washington
Crossing State Park in PA (across the river from Trenton NJ) is closed
due to lack of State funding. Without sounding like a radical (left
or right), national parks may not be too far behind. Maybe a quarter
with a sign that reads "Closed" on the reverse would be a good choice
for the next eleven years. Then we wouldn't have to worry about
changing designs for a while.

Jerry

Worse than that, there are a number of road side rest areas here that
are closed due to lack of funding. Unfortunately, there are 2 of them
on a stretch of road where I often feel the 'call of nature'.

Jud -crossing legs, humming loudly and tapping foot-
========

I don't know if you're referring to Virginia, but VA proposed closing all
rest stops on interstate highways near built up areas. They figured
families could exit at gas stations and McDonalds to take care of business.
Fortunately, they later did an about face on this issue, perhaps after
someone described what it would look like with dozens of groaning semis
navigating for parking at each interchange oasis of fast food joints just to
take a whiz.

In a similar move, our VA county-- one of the wealthiest in the country--
proposed closing all bathrooms at county athletic and park complexes as a
cost-saving measure. No need to elaborate on how many citizens with valid
and obvious concerns showed up at the county hearing. The county
supervisors looked up and away like scolded dogs and magically found a
source of funds to cover the bathrooms.