Old November 26th 12, 02:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default P.D. James

On 11/25/2012 1:31 PM, Willow Arune wrote:
It seems every new P.D. James book is widely distributed yet I have yet to

meet anyone who actually reads and enjoys them. Most say they cannot stand
Daglish. Any lovers here?

Willow

Hi Willow,

I really liked her early novels and the middle ones, up to about The
Murder Room. After that, I felt like I had run into a wall with her.
Suddenly, inventiveness disappeared and formulas abounded. The last one
I read was The Lighthouse and I really disliked it.

One thing, though, that always bothered me. Dagleish (how can anyone
warm up to a protagonist whose name is pronounced "dog leash") is
supposed to be a poet. But show me one line of poetry of his in any of
the novels.

Francis A. Miniter