Old October 12th 03, 09:15 PM
Mat

(Michael E. Marotta) wrote in message . com...
(Michael E. Marotta) wrote
The "Future of Money" summit is something that all numismatists should
be aware of.

Numismatics is the art and science that studies the forms and uses of
money.

Therefore, money does not have to be tangible or collectible to be
within the study of numismatics.

In the future, your Identity will be your Money. Who you are will
define what you are worth. Your worth can change. Earn a college
degree, your worth goes up. However, instead of carrying markers
(paper and coins), or cards that point to markers, a quick biometric
scan will be the same thing as money.

Anonymous money and commodity-based money will continue. After all,
even today, we still trade gold for cows on the commodities exchanges.
However, just as fiat is the mainstream currency today, in the
future, most people will get what they want or need and will never
touch anything like a money-object, but instead, will be scanned and
the value of their purchase will be deducted from their networth. If
they have investments, the interest paid will be incremented to their
net worth.

Call me old fashioned, i never did like technology much, i'll stick
with gold.

Please bring back the gold standard, then i'll get a job in a bank and
sit there and count it all day...yes my preccioooous (stroking the
gold with eyes wide open and drooling...)

There's nothing quite like gold.

Sylvester.

(Hoarding silver is not my hobby, it's my purpose in life!)