Old December 1st 12, 09:15 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic View Post
Looks nice; I'm possibly interested.

Can you describe the laminate cut / fitment in more detail? It looks like it
will fit UNDER the side chrome, is that correct? Ditto for the side speakers?
How is the fit around the coin door frame? i.e., is the frame visible once
the laminate is installed, or does the laminate cover all/some of the frame?

How thick is the laminate? (I know someone in years past offered a laminate
kit with material that was somewhat thinner than the stuff normally used for
glue-up counter tops.) Are the bottoms of the side inset pieces curved in the
kit or do I have to form them on site?

I don't visit this group frequently, so feel free to keep my e-mail address on
file if you get enough interest to produce these kits.

Thanks,
Joseph "Tony" Dziedzi

[/i][/color]
Hi Tony,

You are correct, The laminate will fit under the chrome Boomerangs as well as the Side Speakers and the Coin Return Cup.

The laminate will be cut in such a fashion that will allow it to Butt up Flush with the Cash Box door Trim making the Cash Box door Trim appear to be recessed.

So to answer your question... Your Cash Box Door Trim will be completely visible.

The laminate will be 1/32 thick or 20 Mil. This is necessary as the 1/16 thick 10 Mil material that is generally used on countertops is too thick, especially for the Brown pieces when you apply heat to them in order to bend them around the lower front feet.

I will be building another jig in order to pre bend the 2 front Brown pieces. I know that this procedure is a difficult process for the general Do It Yourselfer and I feel that if I can pre bend them I can make the installation process a whole lot easier.

At this point, I have a total of 6 kits to make, 3 for me and 3 for 2 people in the group so this project is a go.... I should have something available in the next few weeks depending on availablity of the Brown Burl that I cannot seem to find at this time.

Thanks for the Great Questions...

Last edited by JeffP : December 5th 12 at 01:37 AM.