Old July 22nd 08, 03:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default Mike Babcock and a guy named Stanley

Well, after a 2 hour wait in the blazing sun, a red truck drove up with the
Stanley Cup on the back. People rushed to get pics of the Cup. As a
Canadian, yah its pretty cool to see that trophy. I got some really cool
pics of it, including one with Mike standing right in front of it. The
keeper of the Cup was on hand, Mike Bolt. His job is to travel with the
Cup, but more in charge of the security. Mike was greeted by many and then
back to the line. We know the game so we were there 1 hour early, about
20th in line, in front of 300 people waiting for a picture with the Cup,
proceeds going to the children;s hospital. 15 bucks for a pro 8x10 with it.
My wife and I put our arms around it and smiled! Mike was signing for
people off to the side so we got in another line. They were selling Red
Wing merchandize so I bout a couple of pucks, a poster and had a Wings
jersey and photo in my bag. They announced only 1 item per person, never
thought of that whilst I dropped $25 on merchandise. Oh well, money goes to
charity. Well, remember my wife? WE get to Babcock, long story short, 3
things signed. Oh yah! Backed off the jersey no more room!!!!We walked to a
restaurant festival, had lunch and an hour later, I said we should go back
and see how many people are there. Grabbed my photo walked down there, 10
people in line, got it signed and we called it a day! Nice guy, very
approachable chatted with people and it was a great cause. But I do hate
the Wings....LOL