Old June 27th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Dueling authors.... well, ideas anyway.

wrote:
An Anonymous Coward wrote:

That is utterly offensive ****e. I have my real name, postal
address, and phone number in my signature, and have had it
there for more than 20 years and something like 20,000 Usenet
posts. Can you say as much, you gutless little slime?

Those were all responses to Stalinist practice rather than to
anything Marx or Lenin wrote

BEEEEPP!!! I'm sorry, you don't win the microwave!
Anyone actually familiar with Lenin's writings would realize he was
every bit as bloodthirsty and ruthless as Stalin,

So what? Orwell didn't say so, and even less did he appear to have
any problem with Marx.

If you believe he did, quote something relevant. _Homage to Catalonia_
suggests it's rather unlikely any such quote will exist.

Having read a lot of the anarchist literature about Lenin, I am well
aware of what he was like, and I'm none too impressed with Orwell
either. But I don't see that as a justification for portraying
Orwell as a sort of prefigurative Richard Perle, which I guess is
what you're up to. There are some ascertainable historical facts
about what he thought.