Old December 17th 03, 05:31 PM
Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther

From: (Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther)
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.greens,alt.relig ion.kibology
Subject: My Letter to the Senate

(Malanutt 4 Life) wrote in message ...
I'll probably get flamed for this, but here goes nothing.

Dear Senator Kennedy,
I am writing you on the interest of modernizing the United States currency
system. ...

redesign of these denominations as well. Another thing that should happen is
the issuance of a new $200 Federal Reserve note, a reissue of the $500 Federal
Reserve note, and since the 500 Euro note sometimes becomes worth more than
$500 USD, we should also have a reissue of the $1,000 Federal Reserve
note. ...

Finally, I have read that, when the Treasury first started
issuing currency, there were plans for a $3 Federal Reserve note that somehow
got dropped. Could you please try to resurrect those plans? I know a $3 note
wouldn't circulate much, but it would be a nice gift idea, or collector's item
for coin and currency collectors, which may raise the government some money.
The $3 note should also have the watermark and security strip to ensure people
it is a new and current denomination. Please consider introducing legislation
in these areas. Thank You for your time.

Hi, Tom. Can't imagine any flames from this well-thought out and
considered
intellectual post of yours! In addition to the $3 (Either my Suggested
Rutheford B. Hayes, with an obverse of a printing press or see below
what
our office pool suggests: how about:
$1, $2, $10, $20, and $50 (all the same, but with a Pentagon on
Grant's backside?)

$5 = Reagan. War Memorial Hospital, whatever *that* is named.
Anyone remember?

$3 = Nixon, of course. Only Nixon could be on the "fake" bill.

$200 = JFK $500 = Garfeild (obverse, Niagra Falls Electric
Dam/Generator)
$1000 "The Big One" has to be Woodrow Wilson. (Someone suggested
William
"Big H." Seward, after Ben Franklin for contributions though)

Other suggestions, to pass along to Congress and BEP would be welcome
for
this new non-electronic monetary stuff.

Cheers E"HT"L

--
(2,829) Bobhope - That's a lot of space between
(10,781) Ritter - naming asteroids for funnyguys!!