Old August 25th 10, 08:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

Default 8 track players, blanks, etc...

Sorry you had to sell them i love my cd's but i love my vinal better.
i have alot of 8 tracks but not as much as you had iam sure.
thank god noodles is gone or so we hope this group is dead any ways .

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"DeserTBoB" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 04:14:32 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

are you really giveing it up bob?
i still own my stuff wont ever sell it

When I got rid of the car that had an indash 8 track, that was
basically the end of 8 track for me. I still had the Wollensak and a
bunch of carts (most now gone) but I never really liked listening to
them, because there was always something to fiddle with to try to get
them to play halfway decently. The format interferes with the music
more than anything. So, I chucked it all. Besides, 8 track is a HUGE
space consumer, and I had to make way for other things. The car I
drive now has a Sanyol cassette/CD, and my truck is CD. It's better
all the way around, although I can't really remember the last time I
went on a trip and listened to a cassette.

I should also point out that I divested myself of all my analog RTR
gear, as well. The business was in the tank, and 3 track
transcription to digital is all but done for the major record labels.
So, my Ampexes all got sold, as well. I only have one RTR deck left
out of the whole bunch, a Teac 3440A I bought new. Once I get all my
quarter track reels dubbed over to digits, that'll go, too.

Hey, it was fun, but time marches on, and 8 track was consuming WAY
too much of my time for what I was getting out of it. Same for the
reel transcription service; no money coming in, out it goes!