Old March 30th 14, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Hardyboys

Default Another bookfair bites the dust?

Worst, neither the LIABDA website nor that of the producer lists dates for a
fall show. I assume the dealers will not make a final decision until their
next meeting, but since most of the members in the LIABDA directory stayed
away, I can't imagine them voting to continue. Very sad.

The LIABDA Book Fair has been steadily going downhill, especially since the move
from Garden City to Hofstra.
I last went to one 2 or 3 years ago and vowed to never again attend.
The books are generally overpriced by dealers who don't seem to realize that the
market paradigm has changed dramatically, with the internet killing your average
used book shop and used book dealer.
I don't need to patronize dealers any more thanks to used book sales on
Amazon.com, BN.com and eBay.
I miss going to a used book store - I loved the smell of the place and the
occasional find but that's progress, I suppose.