Old December 17th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Stamp Collecting Now & Then. Was: GB Smilers Sheets

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Dear Victor,

this is what we call in the Netherlands a "tunnel vision"; philatelists
suffer from this disease a lot!

A small example: in Belgium in every post office you can buy sheetlets of
'personalised stamps with a tab' in a hang&sell pack for double the face
value. It's called Duostamp. Philatelists find them not worth collecting -
depicting all kinds of cartoons, Disney or otherwise. So collectors won't
buy them, but the common people do! They like Snow White and Mickey and
Tin Tin!

So were can the eclectic philatelists get hold of these stamps used?? Some
dealers buy back covers from mail order houses like 'Yves Rocher', '3
Suisses' etc, firms from which you will never get your own stamps back. So
why would these common people be so foolish???

groetjes, Rein

Well, Rein, the first collectors of postal stamps, who now would be over 150
years old, eventually were not so much different.

How about upholstering our own walls with some Duostamps & back covers got
from mail orders? :-)

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/