Old May 20th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Coins to no longer operate rural UK public phones

On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:00:43 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

It rare now to see a phone box being used as 99% of everyone has a mobile
phone. Billy

I'm a proud holdout, part of your 1%. Even my home phone is wired to
the wall. Have been concerned that wireless=transceiver=not private.
But, heck, the NSA kinda blew my naive impression of security away,
haha. Seriously though, I don't know why I bother paying for phone
service at all ... except the telemarketers need someone to talk with.
I see people walking around and driving around constantly chatting on
their cell phones ... and I feel I am surrounded by madness. Don't
get me wrong, there are people I love to talk with ... just not on the
phone.

#1 Cell phone peeve: People at the checkout, talking on the phone
with a line behind them. Don't even try to tell me the checkout is as
fast as if they weren't distracted by their all so important chit
chat. That's just rude.